Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Campaigning for Christ


This last weekend I went to Wildhorse Canyon for a Young Life camp. We have a Bible Study every Sunday night for the kids who are believers called Campaigners. This particular weekend it was a camp for Campaigner kids from all over the state. We only had two kids attend, but it was an amazing time. Our speaker had great things to say. He spent a lot of time going over Ephesians 1 and was great at encouraging kids to stretch themselves and take risks in regards to sharing their faith. One thing he said was "If you don't take risks, you don't have a story to tell." I was really taken by this statement. I think about all the times in my life when God has asked me to do something and I was too scared to, so I didn't. The only story I can tell in those situations is that I was too scared to do what God wanted me to. Not the best story... Another thing I took away from the camp was that God doesn't call us to be pansies, he calls us to be great. I think that so many Christians are floating through life and never live up to their full potential. As his children, we are all destined for greatness. We also had different sessions that we could attend. We all went to a seminar on how to be a Godly woman and that was really good. It was so good to talk to the girls and hear their ideas for getting more kids to come to Young Life and how to be lights in their school. It was so great to sit and pray with them and see their hearts. And it snowed! As much as I hate the snow, even I had to admit it was pretty...It was a wonderful weekend and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it!

No comments: