Friday, August 17, 2007

Ode to Emily

Emily Fitz is so nice,
she's got sugar but even more spice
She's crazy and funny and sleeps all day,
only because she saves people from going away.
A nurse she is, a doctor she's not,
but boy, in those scrubs she sure looks hot!
She likes to run and bike around town,
usually wearing a smile but sometimes a frown.
She's sporty and fun and cute as can be,
and (unlike me) she hardly ever has to pee.
She's clutzy and trips and falls a lot,
I really hope she never gets shot.
She loves to lick the brownie batter off of the spoon,
and every day she makes the guys swoon.
She likes to shop at Nordstrom for pretty dresses,
and she has long, brown and blonde tresses.
We love to reinact "So You Think You Can Dance,"
and when I'm not home she practices her prance.
She leaps and jumps so high to the sky,
it makes me gasp and say, "Oh my!"
She loves to go downtown on the Max train,
even though most of the people on it are insane.
We laugh and laugh 'till our stomachs hurt,
and we borrow clothes 'cause we wear the same size shirt.
My roommate is very special and unique,
she always does the dishes left in the sink.
I'm so blessed to have her in my life,
she helps me through my turmoil and strife.
Without Emily where would I be?
Probably somewhere crying or washed out to sea.
Thank you Em for all that you do.
and know that I will always love you! (Lakisha style--totally in concert!)

3 comments:

M*L*E said...

Thanks for the beautiful heart felt poem. I just can't wait for you to break out into song and sing it for me...of course Blake Lewis style :)

ang said...

Love the poem. You girls are both lucky to have each other as roommates!

Oh, and you've been tagged...check my blog!!

David and Zoe said...

OH my...you two are CRAZY and make me laugh so much!!! ps. I don't know 8 people besides the people you tagged!!! Who the heck am I supposed to tag? I can't write my blog until I can think of 8 friends.