Sunday, June 15, 2008

Toilet Paper Brides

Last weekend Stacy and I threw a bridal shower for our best friend Erica who is getting married on July 6th. We ended up having it at my house and it turned out really nice. I did my usual stress for days, go totally OCD with cleaning and break out into hives a few times. And like usual, everything was fabulous and my stressing was for nothing. Shocker! We had Erica play The (Almost) Newlywed Game where I came up with a list of questions that I asked Ryan about their relationship and favorite things and then asked Erica the same questions to see how many they answered right. Twelve out of eighteen wasn't shabby, but then again, they have been together for nine years so my expectations were a bit higher! We also had the ladies get into teams to see who could come up with the best toilet paper wedding dress, veil and bouquet. I will say that a couple were quite good--Vera Wang would be proud! (And it just so happened that we had a couple of half used rolls left over, which worked out great for me because I was almost out. Wahoo!!) We had a time where Erica asked us about married life and what advice everybody had for her. I of course had something to say (like usual) even though I'm not married. I just like to give advice. :) Erica got a bunch of great stuff and was excited about it all, which made it all worth it. Happy wedding my friend!!

1 comment:

David and Zoe said...

I didn't know she was getting married! That's so exciting! Tell her congrats for me :)