Saturday, September 27, 2008

"He who does not weep, does not see."

I don't normally plug movies, but I have to rave about this one for a minute. As many of you know in 2005 I went to Africa and had the most amazing trip. My heart has always been very sensitive to overseas missions and after my trip to Sierra Leone, it became even more sensitive to not only that country, but to Africa as a whole. A few months ago I heard of a documentary called "God Grew Tired Of Us" that is about the lost boys of Sudan. It was an AMAZING movie. I actually just checked it out at the library, but I would have spent money on it too. It was a very poignant story following the lives of three particular individuals as they struggle through life in a refugee camp for over ten years and are then transitioned to life in the states, all the while missing 'home' and worrying about what has come to those they love. It was a very moving story, one that made me laugh and cry (obviously!). I urge you to check it out--you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

c said...

Becca, If you loved that you are going to LOVE "What is the What" ghost written by Dave Eggers about one of the lost boys' story and coming to America. It is amazing.